Body painting
Body painting
Body painting
Body painting
Body Painting

Friday, September 10, 2010

Exploration In Body Painting

I had one hell of a weekend, thats for sure.
On Saturday Danny and I went to T.Ruth Art space to set up the area for the photo shoot that we had planned for Sunday. I was going to be meeting a model that answered a craigslist post on being a live nude body painting model for my art project. On Sunday the model and I met at the gallery at 12 and got right to work. I began with her face:

Painting Ann

Here we are in the back of T.Ruth artspace sitting by the heater and doing the first embellishments. We started with the face and worked out way down to her legs.

Painting Ann

The gallery was open to the public as I was painting and photographing her. T.Ruth had some local musicians playing and she was serving hot coco to all that came in.
This was my first time ever doing a full body painting and while it was a bit nerve racking to be doing it in public i think that my inspiration was fueled by the art space and all the wonderful people there. It was such a supportive atmosphere.

Chelsea Rose body painting

Ann the model was so amazing and patient. I started painting her body at 12pm and didn't finish untill 3:30pm. Then I photographed her till around 5:00pm. It was a long day but i am super excited to announce that the shoot was an absolute success and i cant wait to show you the finished photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment