Body painting
Body painting
Body painting
Body painting
Body Painting

Monday, June 21, 2010

White on Black- new body painting session!

On Sunday I painted my 10th body painting model and have the pictures to prove it!

I bring you Queen Omega:

Queen Omega
( body painting and photography by Chelsea Rose
Model:Deonte )

Queen Omega
( body painting and photography by Chelsea Rose
Model:Deonte )

Queen Omega
( body painting and photography by Chelsea Rose
Model:Deonte )

I count myself lucky to have been contacted by Deonte through modelmayhem.com
I believe she found me by searching for female photographers in the Portland area and noticed that i had a casting call out stating my need for dark ethnic women to feed my body painting women's study project. So indeed...we set up a date for the body painting right away.

Body painting-process shot
As always i had the most wonderful time getting to know my model as i painted her from head to toe. By her enchanting accent i guessed that she had exotic roots- turns out she was born and raised in the Caribbean islands thus her speech was quite musicale and fun. She is in Portland on a full scholarship for her amazing athletic abilities in sprint running...and she has the legs to prove it! Her body was one big muscle and i found within her a spring of energy that had me painting in a flurry of strokes. I actually did one of my most detailed body paintings on this women in less time then i have painted any of the other 9 woman before her. I began painting her around 10am and we finished well before 2pm and were done with the photoshoot by 3pm!
In many of the shots she seems to exude a wonderful balance of strength and grace often looking so regal and strong it beckons to ones mind images of warrior women. She was sooo fun to work with and i am smitten with the results.
I cant wait share more from out shoot- so stay tuned.

Peace n Love,
-Chelsea Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment